Being Linga!!

Every morning the priest opens the gate of the temple. He enters the sanctum sanctorum and I wait there with much anxiousness about the things to be done the whole day.
He starts praising me with holy mantras that without any hesitation I keep transferring to the lord of the universe, for whom I have been placed as a resemblance. He pours water on me, performs all the rituals to delight me. He decorates me with the best available flowers and spreads pleasant aroma around that I'm ready to meet my devotees again to uplink theirs prayers and downlink blessings. Finally the priest fills the Copper Pot with water hanging over my head that showers water on me drop by drop as the holy Ganga.
Everything is well set and I'm ready for the devotees to arrive and listen to their heart. In sometime one devotee comes in and starts offering his prayers. He lie's down and shows his respect. He goes round me in three forth and one fourth round. He has told he is going for an exam and he needs good marks in it, message transferred. Soon he takes a small pot on his hand and starts washing me with water. How can I say I have already took bath. He leaves the sanctum after his prayers. The Alankar done by the priest washes away with the water.
Completely wet I was waiting for the next devotee, and soon a man comes in and again pours a huge amount of water on me than the boy. He extends his prayers to next level that he starts head-butting me. He was forcing himself so tough that I though now he will surely lift me and take me home.
Soon a lady came in. She looked so god fearing and so cunning. I heaved a sigh of relief seeing her as she was not carrying any pot with her to pour on me. The very next moment when she came closer to me,she surprised me by hugging me and kissing me. Even more than that her demand was of a diamond necklace from her husband.
I was not sure whether to transmit her demand to Shiva or should I get transferred to another place.
Jokes apart. There were many such demands in the name of prayers and offerings. Some washed me with milk and hit the beggars who sat outside the temple. Some sat near me for hours and hours, some gave me flying kiss from their bikes outside the temple. And this continued for whole day and was getting repeated everyday.
Pray to God with love rather than to be fearing. Half of the problems are sorted out by your approach to it with full confidence and without fear. Im there here as a messenger to Him and
surely for any of the needs He will come and help you out. But without your first step nothing is to be done.
Finally Priest is appointed in the temple and the temple management pays him. He performs Abhishek, in the morning and that's enough for me. Save water as there is a lot of demand for water for needy people around.
I can only take your prayers to the Divine, unfortunately the water goes wasted in the drains.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today!!

Carrying it Each day.

Infinite Love: Illuminating Lives Everywhere!